Search Engine Optimization Case Study: FileHold
Business Description: FileHold Systems is a provider of document management software for the paperless office based in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. As a Canadian company with worldwide reach including the United States, it had challenges being recognized in the Google US Search Engines as an international provider for US based searches.
"What I like about working with Metamend is that I am getting solid guidance on improving the SEO value of our web site. Previous advisors I had worked with seemed to come up with random ideas, but Metamend has been very organized and consistent in guiding us for long term success."
- Larry Oliver, President, FileHold Systems Inc
- The web site was positioning well in Google.ca and Google.com for keyword searches within Canada. However, keyword searches performed in the United States positioned FileHold poorly.
- FileHold had engaged two SEO firms in the past two years with only minor improvement and no firm solutions to their US challenge.
- Overall traffic was steady; however, there had been no substantial increases in amount or quality of traffic in 2 years.
Metamend recommended a best practice approach to identify all SEO impediments and necessary change factors. Metamend's services included:
- Site AUDIT on FileHold.com to indentify all SEO barriers.
- In-depth analysis on FileHold's back links and competitor back links.
- The top reason why FileHold was considered by Google to be relevant only to Canadian searchers.
- New traffic potentials.
Metamend was able to deliver the following:
- Page one positioning for top phrases within the United States and Canada within six months.
- Significant increase in quality back links.
- Multiply streams of new traffic from high value key phrases.
- Stronger and more consistent leads.
- 2x increase in target traffic within six months.