Content: Content is the substance of a site, and is one of the most important factors search engines look at for indexing. The content of a site includes the text information contained in the alt-text, the meta tags, the TITLE tag, and the information found in the body.
Here are some considerations regarding content :
- Clearly identify the need or problem your product or service addresses and solves.
- Clearly identify the solution to the problem.
- Help your web site visitors decide if your product or service meets their needs.
- Make sure webpages load quickly. Are your graphics optimized to load fast, and if so, do they still look good? A lot of people connecting to the Internet have slow connections. Keep web site design and presentation simple and clean.
- Provide clear information in both images and written text.
- Allow your web site visitors to make purchases easily.
- Make certain your pages load under different browser types and versions. Don't worry too much about four year old versions, since 95% of users will have upgraded. Also make sure your visitors don't have to jump through hurdles created by the latest web gadgets. For example, most users won't bother waiting for graphically intense Flash pages to load.
Search Engine Strategies
Website Creation Strategies
What Search Engines Look For
Back to Internet Glossary