Reputation Management Case Study
Client: A top 10 online auto insurance company
Business Description: Online quality, low cost, state required car insurance.
- Client identified a unauthorized website that was diverting web traffic from clients site
- The unauthorized website was representing themselves as the client
- Client further identified a few website with harsh negative publicity about the client.
- Metamend performs a monthly expanded report to identify all site diverting web traffic.
- Over 85 sites were found acting as web traffic diversion sites.
- In addition, over 35 negative publicity sites were identified.
- Metamend extended the report to include “phishing sites” and located over 25 sites.
- Enforcement actions were taken on the 85 traffic diversion sites
- Social media sites were developed to increase positive messaging to address negative publicity and push down the negative sites in the search engines
- The 25 phishing sites are being monitored 24/7 for a “go live” status as an early warning on phishing activity.
Ninety Day Results:
- Within 90 days, over 50% of the diverting web traffic domains were assigned to the client and the remaining sited are still under enforcement.
- The client site absorbed and currently benefits from this new web traffic.
- Positive social media and responses are beginning to push down negative media with 90 days.